Why Are Lasers Used for Skin Rejuvenation?
A: Skin rejuvenation includes a number of different treatments, but all are designed to leave a softer, smoother surface. Dermabrasion is similar to sanding a surface, while chemical peels actually peel away skin cells. Lasers provide the same function by removing skin cells, but they also encourage new skin to grow and can help tighten the skin.
A laser skin treatment can promote the growth of new collagen, the protein that supports the skin. Collagen tends to diminish with age, which makes skin more likely to sag.
How Does Laser Skin Rejuvenation Work?
A: Collagen provides the support network to our skin. As we age, the collagen breaks down, causing lines and wrinkles. The laser works by stimulating collagen production. As the new collagen is generated, lines and wrinkles are decreased. Additionally, years of sun exposure can cause discoloration, large pores and pigmented or red areas on the skin. Patients report and studies have confirmed that this procedure results in a refreshed appearance, smoother skin texture, even skin tone, and a decrease in pore size. Those with difficult acne scarring will also notice a marked improvement.
What Does The Procedure Feel Like?
A: Laser skin rejuvenation is not painful. Many describe the feeling as a tingling sensation. Anesthesia is usually not necessary, but you may request a topical cream depending on your own experience.
What Are The Facial Rejuvenation Treatment Options Available?
A: 1. Chemical Peels: Chemical peels use a variety of different chemical formulas that can be use on your entire face or just certain areas for a specific length of time.
2. Dermabrasion: Dermabrasion is another exfoliating method that makes use of a rotating tool to remove the topmost layer of your skin, mostly on your face.
3. Laser rejuvenation: Laser rejuvenation uses light and heat energy to “destroy” thin sections of skin. The laser will remove the top layer of skin while heating the underlying layers.
Skin Rejuvenation Vs Skin Resurfacing
A: Skin rejuvenation involves every procedure you do to make your skin better which also includes professional treatments. Whereas, skin resurfacing is when you remove the top layer of your skin undergoing some clinical treatment like laser therapy, ultherapy etc.
What Are The Benefits of Skin Rejuvenation Treatment?
A: 1. Minimizes wrinkles and fine lines by stimulating the growth of your collagen and elastin. Your skin gets firm, clear and radiant. It also decreases your forehead lines.
2. Works on your uneven skin tone and pigmentation.
3. Skin rejuvenation treatment makes the loose skin of your forehead, cheeks, eye and jawline firm.
4. Lighten the acne spots or any kind of scars on your face.
5. It deeply cleans your skin pores and makes your skin glowing.